Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back In Ballack

Hearts in our mouths we watched until Germany were through.

  • Date :17th June(in India)
  • Time :12:15 a.m. - 2:15 a.m.
  • Venue :Television Set
  • Play : Germany vs Austria
  • Cast :
  1. The German Football Team
  2. Me
  3. Anish (on Gtalk)
  4. and other people in the world supporting Germany

First Half:

Very uneventful, until you count Gomez-missing-a-sitter-pass-served-to-him-on-a-Plate-by-Klose and both-the-coaches-sent-off-into-the-stands as Events.

The first event (if you have agreed to call them so) had forced Anish to consider buying Tickets to Vienna and assassinate Gomez (such is how much we love our Players, or I may be in the wrong direction altogether).
And the coaches were reportedly having a scuffle, and on their way back they were shaking hands. The few minutes of the First Half that followed was even less eventful.

Second Half:

Started glum. Anish had lost hope, I had switched off my monitor, and was lost in the television. So much was I lost that I completely ignored the foul, and ignored my prayers that maybe Ballack will take the free-kick, and will score a awesome Goal.

The next thing I knew was that Ballack had scored an Exceptional Goal. It was the 49th minuite....


...but I knew that we had made it to the Quarter Finals.

No comments: