Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Training and Placement Representative

Today we have an exciting personality with us. We all may know his as the DJ Shrink or as the One Day GS of NIT Durgapur, but today we ask him all about how it is to be a TPR for CSE. Ladies and gentlemen please welcome our guest tonight, Shreyank Gupta...

[Clapping]

Me: So tell us how was it that you became a TPR?

Shreyank: That is a huge mystery even to myself. One moment I was asked by Anish to maintain the database of the CSE students, the next thing I know, I am working as a TPR.

Me: How do you feel being in such an important position?

Shreyank: At first I loved the job, but with time I found how incompetent I am as a TPR.
1. I don't have nor do I care to find out the information about the companies that are coming, nor the other details like their criteria, cut-offs and packages.
2. I even if I found out, thanks to my super-awesome memory, I forget it the next minute.
3. I am very irresponsible, careless and and lazy, thus giving me all the three characteristics you would never love to find in a TPR.

Me: Ok, that was one helluva insight. [laughter].
So do you think the students are happy with you as a TPR?

Shreyank: Oh yeah, they are. At least they behave as if they are. I mean, you have absolutely no idea about the things people ask you. "Heard company XYZ is coming" (strange, I just heard its name for the first time). " Hey, you know the package of ABC? " (strange, I swear I knew it just moments ago) "Oi, what is the cut-off for PQR?" (They haven't announced yet, but why do you ask? You are in even if its 8 and above).
Some people have this silly habit of asking the same questions again and again, twice a day, even if they know they are never getting a proper answer. I always get rid of them with vague answers, vague enough to be true, but I don't get why they never call my bluff.
Oh ya, I just am a part of a department consisting of the strangest bunch of people. They fight over things like a lost sheet that was supposed to be taken from the HOD's Office, why some people who were supposedly eligible for a PSU, now don't want to sit for it, when even they won't sit for it now, and who takes dummies along with them to written examinations. And when I am having fun reading their rants (in a forum thread) some guys get all sentimental about it. I guess they love their department a bit too much.

Me: And what about the companies that are coming?

Shreyank: And that is a different story altogether. We remember starting off in the middle of 6th Sem, making list of companies that may visit the college. Now the condition is so bad, companies that have been coming for the last few years decide not to visit NIT Durgapur any more. What seems to be the biggest problem is our Head, Training, Placement and Students Welfare (TPSW). Frankly I don't know how he managed to rope in the companies that ARE visiting, because if I had been an HR "in Dialogue" with him, his excellent communication skills will force me to decide at that instance that this is a wrong NIT to visit for campus recruitments.
Inspite of that we did have a few good companies visiting our campus this year, but I really don't know what will be the case the next year if the current Head, TPSW decides to stay on.

Me: And what about the other TPR's?

Shreyank: The other TPRs are awesome (no I am not being sarcastic this time). All of them (unlike me) are hard working and sincere. The only problem is lack of organisation. If we could have been a little more organised, we would have had better results. They are the ones I turn to when I am in deep shit, and they almost always are helpful.

Me: What do you intend to do about all the problems on the Training and Placement field?

Shreyank:(Are they really listening to what I am saying or do they just have a pre-determined set of questions the need to get over with! I hate Interviews! )
Well as I have mentioned, we are working hard towards getting more and more companies to visit our campus, inspite of all the troubles and hurdles and companies backing out. As for me I just do what I am told, though I am little careless sometimes, and mess up things.


Me: Well, thank you and all the best!

(That didn't go as bad as I expected!)

22 comments:

Debayan said...

ekdum same to same mera kahani hai.

Vikas said...

nice blog ...keep up the work...

this is also nice blog for latest placement que

http://placementbiz.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

haha..mast hai be....
tu hamesha kabab main haddi hi rahega....

Pallav said...

nice one.. quite hillarious..

would b better though if u remove the word vrification here.. its not like sum1'z goin to give u spam cmmnts..

hehe..

zahid said...

Thats nice to hear !!!
shreyank interviewing a TPR named shreyank !!!
You are a good 'interviewerererer' !!

The worst thing i guess as a TPR is to answer all the idiotic questions at 'idioterererer' times.

Tch Tch lucky you dont have comments flooded with the dates and criterias of onmobile microsoft amazon etc etc;

Tan4487 said...

you forgot to mention the most efficient and committed of the lot though reluctant as hell...........




guess who???



you , as you a gr8 one just keep the db updated though.

:P

Rahul Jha said...

Oye, the TPO is not tht bad, ask one Chimpu...(Who cud be a superhero or something)...
Awesome blog... do care to read mine too...

robin singh said...

awesome blog, continue your good work

Best Placement Training In Chennai

kovalan Jayamurugan said...

Thanks for sharing informative article on placement training. Your article helped me a lot in understanding the importance of soft skill training to boost your employment prospects. Softskill Training in Chennai

Melisa said...


The information you have given here is truly helpful to me. CCNA- It’s a certification program based on routing & switching for starting level network engineers that helps improve your investment in knowledge of networking & increase the value of employer’s network,
Regards,
ccna course in Chennai|ccna training in Chennai|Salesforce training in Chennai

Pooja Doss said...

Oracle DBA Training in Chennai
Thanks for sharing this informative blog. I did Oracle DBA Certification in Greens Technology at Adyar. This is really useful for me to make a bright career..

Pooja Doss said...

Whatever we gathered information from the blogs, we should implement that in practically then only we can understand that exact thing clearly, but it’s no need to do it, because you have explained the concepts very well. It was crystal clear, keep sharing..
Websphere Training in Chennai

Pooja Doss said...

Data warehousing Training in Chennai
I am reading your post from the beginning, it was so interesting to read & I feel thanks to you for posting such a good blog, keep updates regularly..

Pooja Doss said...

Selenium Training in Chennai
Wonderful blog.. Thanks for sharing informative blog.. its very useful to me..

Pooja Doss said...

Oracle Training in chennai
Thanks for sharing such a great information..Its really nice and informative..

Pooja Doss said...

I have read your blog and i got a very useful and knowledgeable information from your blog.You have done a great job.
SAP Training in Chennai

Pooja Doss said...

This information is impressive..I am inspired with your post writing style & how continuously you describe this topic. After reading your post,thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel happy about it and I love learning more about this topic..
Android Training In Chennai In Chennai

Pooja Doss said...

Pretty article! I found some useful information in your blog, it was awesome to read,thanks for sharing this great content to my vision, keep sharing..
Unix Training In Chennai

Pooja Doss said...

I found some useful information in your blog, it was awesome to read, thanks for sharing this great content to my vision, keep sharing..
SalesForce Training in Chennai

Pooja Doss said...

There are lots of information about latest technology and how to get trained in them, like Best Hadoop Training In Chennai have spread around the web, but this is a unique one according to me. The strategy you have updated here will make me to get trained in future technologies Hadoop Training in Chennai By the way you are running a great blog. Thanks for sharing this blogs..

Sura Pro said...

sir, may i know when will be sbi po and clerk exam.
placement training center in chennai

Prescilla Priyanka said...

Advantages of corporate training includes better output and faithfulness to class standards, employees grow skill sets that let them assume a greater diversity of work and better-quality ability to implement and realise particular target drew in the business plan of any corporate.
Corporate Soft Skills Training in Bangalore | Microsoft Office Training in Bangalore