Saturday, November 29, 2008

Of Talks and Workouts

As a follow-up to my last post, I would like to announce that I did not attend foss.in because it was conflicting with my semester exams. On that note I should be studing now, but suddenly, as it often happens when I sit down to study before an exam, more interesting things pop-up, like why the money system should be abolished, how to integrate chat to giver (a file sharing program for linux which unfortunately does not run on my system, yet shows other users that I am online) and what should be the latest status message for my chat client!

After putting a lot of thought, I have decided on:

Hyd Talk canceled as well! || http://mukti09.in

"Hyd Talk" here refers to Open Summit 2008 at IIIT Hyderabad organised by Twincling Technology Foundation, where I was invited to give a talk on LDTP, and my contributions to it.

Things were going fine until yesterday, when I was talking to Saifi Khan from the organising team, and informed him that LDTP was NOT ready for testing and automating KDE/Qt applications as of now but works well for Gtk/Gnome. He was (very unpleasantly) surprised at this news and told me that it had to be brought to the notice of their team, as all their work was on KDE/Qt based applications.

On this I confirmed with Nagappan tonight, and I have mailed Saifi the following,

"Hi Saifi,
I am very sorry to inform you that KDE/Qt applications cannot be tested using LDTP as of now!
I have talked to Nagappan on this matter, and he says that development on both ends (KDE a11y and LDTP) is required to get that done and we would be working on that very soon!"

I am waiting for Saifi's reply, but I'm sure that my talk will be cancelled or at max rescheduled to some later event. As of now, Hyderabad seems distant!

No comments: